CompanyCarggo is a global digital logistics services company.
Carggo is a platform for the logistics industry in a market that costs over $8 trillion. We are among the first ones to disrupt this complicated and chaotic industry and bring it online with a robust industrial expertise. We are dedicated to make transportation simpler and transparent, freight costs less, deals close faster, and everyone benefit.
Exceptional software development is integral in developing our product to reshape the logistics industry in the USA and worldwide. You’ll work alongside the brightest minds with expertise in different sectors, ranging from freight transportation to engineering and logistics at the global level. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new digital platform for worldwide logistics.
Started in 2016, we’re fully funded by our founders.
The Backend team at Carggo designs, codes, tests and implements complex software for the logistics industry. We’re looking for a Java Software Engineer to join the team that is passionate about creating robust and reliable systems.
DescriptionWhat You’ll Do:
· Working closely with your designated Java team on agile projects you will conduct the writing of fast, reliable clean code.
· Support the whole development lifecycle – requirement gathering, specification, development, building, testing and deployment of the in-house system.
· Champion continuous deployment.
· Orchestrate your team to meet the business requirements.
You have experience working with:
· 4-6 years of enterprise development experience
· Extensive hands on Java programming experience
· Management of small teams (3-5 developers).
RequirementsMore About You:
· Good understanding of Object Oriented Design and standard design patterns
· Experience in leading and managing an engineering team
· 3-5 years' experience programming in one of the following, Java, including experience in Spring/Hibernate (Ajax/jQuery preferable)
· Experience of multi-threaded, web services and caching
· A familiarity with databases
· Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
· Flexible with the ability to adapt working style to meet objectives
· Excellent communication (good written and spoken English) and analytical skills
· Interest and enthusiasm for managing and developing a team and willingness to learn best practices in management
·If you are passionate about not only developing great software, but also working and learning alongside the brightest minds.
·If you are ready to share our vision to make a solid global impact.
·We are a team in its purest definition, and we’re looking for someone who would pull on the rope together with us, in the same direction, with the same intensity.
Our continuous releases are integrated with GIT, Teamcity. We track tasks and projects with JIRA, and Confluence. On the frontend, we use ReactJS for the views, organize the data flow with RabbitMQ. On the backend, we use PostgreSQL. Our staging server infrastructure is written in Java 8.
Company offersWhat’s in it for you:
· Competitive base salary
· Stock options plan
· Medical package
· Flexible working hours
· Relocation assistance for employees from different cities
· Opportunities for individual development and career growth
· Fun working environment to include the following in-office amenities: free snacks and fruits, ping-pong, mini gym, lounge zone, own bike team and regular team-building events!
- Option to choose relocation to Vilnius with the company covering all expenses.