Alliance for Recruitment is the largest recruitment consultancy in Lithuania measured by capacity, number of successful placements and annual growth. We are a high performing team of recruitment experts from various different industries.
Our client - Ferratum group is an international company which provides fast loans for customers, small and medium sized businesses in Europe, North America and Asia. Ferratum has continuously grown since it was founded in 2005 and reached sustainable proﬁtability early on. Currently we have more than 1 million clients all over the world.
Our mission is to provide the best consumer interface for loan processes and 24/7 personal customer service accessible through mobile devices, the internet or our partners. Such a mission statement can only be accomplished through simple and hassle-free product applications, fast and transparent loan processes, providing conﬁdential transactions and keeping our customers' data safe while providing consumer ﬁnancing with ﬁxed and transparent costs.
As a Data Scientist you would be a part of further building our analytical and predictive functions within the team. You will take care of data science operations at a global scale including developing and monitoring predictive models in different business areas such as marketing, credit score, and debt collections. You will be taking part in implementation of new predictive algorithms and/or tools. You will implement and monitor relevant procedures in order to make sure that the developed models perform well over time. Finally, you will cooperate with other departments to ensure that prediction algorithms are here to stay in the decision making process as part of the internal system work-flows.
- Conduct undirected research and frame open-ended industry questions for different areas of the business, including but not limited to marketing, credit scoring, and collections to improve business performance in aforementioned areas.
- Employ sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Explore and examine data from a variety of angles to determine hidden weaknesses, trends and/or opportunities.
- Devise data-driven solutions to the most pressing challenges.
- Invent new algorithms to solve problems and build new tools to automate work.
- Communicate predictions and findings to management and IT departments through effective data visualizations and reports.
- Produce relevant documentation related to development process.
- Other tasks related to Data Science, assigned by manager.
- BSc/MSc in applied statistics, mathematics or equivalent.
- Fluent English, both oral and written.
- Good programming skills in commonly used statistical programming languages Python, R, Julia, and corresponding development environments.
- Machine learning tools and techniques (e.g. k-nearest neighbors, random forests, ensemble methods, etc.).
- Software engineering skills (e.g. distributed computing, algorithms and data structures).
- Data visualization (e.g. ggplot and d3.js) and reporting techniques.
- Knowledge of general purpose programming languages such as C/C++, Java, .NET is an advantage.
- Experience of working with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) is an advantage.
- Curious mind and willingness for continuous learning.
- Competitive salary
- Highly motivated team with an excellent working atmosphere
- Comprehensive and diverse assignments in a dynamic environment
- Interesting challenges and opportunities in a fast growing, international company