Golbriak Space OÜ has been founded in 2017 with the vision of developing secure and efficient optical communications for flying machines (nanosatellites, drones, and HAPS). The Founders of the Company include MIT alumni and professionals with work experience at MIT, the European Space Agency, Airbus, and NASA. The Company won the 2017 ESA Sentinel Small Satellite Challenge and the Overall Winner Award of the Copernicus Masters 2017, sponsored by the European Space Agency (ESA). The Company is currently part of the ESA Business Incubation Center of Tallinn, hosted in Tehnopol, and has plans to expand its operations in Tallinn and grow within the European aerospace market.
Golbriak Space OÜ is developing an optical intersatellite link terminal to be flown on two 6U CubeSats in Low Earth Orbit in Q1 2019. The Company is seeking to expand its operations in Estonia to pursue its long term vision of developing secure and efficient connectivity for all sorts of flying machines. Golbriak is seeking to hire an Embedded Software Engineer with a maker mindset and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. The new hire will be contributing to designing, building and testing the flight products of the Company as well as contributing to research and development efforts related to future programs.
No prior space experience is needed. We are looking for someone who has done something exceptional in her or his career, and has experience working with embedded hardware and software. We are looking for someone who is not afraid of taking challenges in a fast speed, international environment. We value talent and ambition.
Responsibilities of the position:
1) Low level software design for payload components;
2) Troubleshooting, debug and testing of software components;
3) Understanding of overall system requirements for software design optimization;
4) Development of technical documentation.
.• Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in software engineering or analog disciplines;
• Experience in coding for fault-tolerance;
• Proficiency in C and Java, Eclipse IDE, Linux autotools environment;
• Understanding of telecommunication networks;
• 1-2 years of experience in embedded software development in is desirable but not mandatory;
• Excellent problem solving and team working skills;
• Fluency in English language is mandatory.
• Having worked on medical equipment, space systems, industrial embedded systems is a plus, but not required.
Golbriak Space OÜ is committed to diversity and equality. Interested candidates are invited to apply without regard for gender, race or national origin.
Salary range: 30kEUR – 45kEUR depending on experience.