Alliance for Recruitment is the largest recruitment consultancy in Lithuania measured by capacity, number of successful placements and annual growth. We are a high performing team of recruitment experts from various different industries.
Our client - Virtustream is a leading cloud innovator offering enterprise class cloud solutions to enterprises, governments and service providers. Virtustream enables businesses to move complex production applications to the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid – while delivering the full economic and business benefits of the cloud. Virtustream offers xStream™, cloud management software for private/public/hybrid clouds and also offers the Virtustream Cloud which provides secure, high availability, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to enterprises. Both xStream and the Virtustream Cloud deliver secure, cloud efficiency with performance SLAs for mission critical applications (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft and thousands more). Virtustream’s solutions are backed by professional services to design, migrate to, and manage clouds.
Virtustream owns data centers in the U.S. and EMEA, and has offices in Washington DC, San Francisco, Atlanta, London, Dubai and Kaunas.
The Senior QA Engineer is responsible for driving, creating and executing performance testing strategies for Virtustream applications. This position requires an individual with a Quality Assurance background in performance testing, analytical abilities, and multitasking skills to work in a collaborative environment towards resolving complex problems. Candidates should be able to function effectively in a self-directed and creative manner with minimal supervision. Excellent communication skills, an energetic and positive attitude, strong team skills, and an ability to learn fast are a must. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, writing performance test plans, designing tests, documenting test cases, configuring a test environment, executing tests, and interpreting test results.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Plan approach and test strategy for performance testing by identifying workflows and system characteristics to be performance tested and ensure they are reflected in the test scope.
- Plan and manage deliverables for: performance diagnostics, capacity planning, performance architecture design, performance tuning, and performance monitoring.
- Conduct system load and stress testing, work with stakeholders determining the volume to be used during the performance test.
- Work closely with development on the design and implementation of enhancements based on the tuning recommendations.
- Analyze the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, thread usage, Garbage collection, and DB connection to verify the performance of the Application.
- Should be capable to utilize performance/monitoring tools, analyzing results, resolving performance related issues to include optimization and tuning recommendations.
- Distill volumes of data, analyzes performance results, diagnoses performance problems, suggest improvements, and clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders.
- Conduct Architectural & Technical reviews during software development life cycle and provide suggestions for performance improvements.
- Responsible for capacity estimation/planning, modeling, monitoring, analyzing and recommending solutions to performance problems with enterprise business applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of performance testing experience.
- Good practical and theoretical knowledge in Performance Engineering, understanding Performance Testing methods, best practices, trends.
- Experience using and setting up performance testing tools such as Neoload, JMeter, LoadRunner, WebLoad, Httperf, etc.
- Scripting experience using one or more of the following: Python, C#, JS, Shell scripting.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Experience in Cloud Computing and Cloud Management, experience with virtual testing environments such as VMware (vSphere, vCenter) would be a great advantage.
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks, architectural risks, and issues.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical data
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to write clear and concise technical documents.
- An ability to work in a fast, agile and nimble environment with frequent change.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in tuning .NET applications would be a plus.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL would be a plus.