CompanyHireRight is a leading global provider of background screening services.
We are dedicated and committed to helping both our clients and their candidates have the best experience of background screening.
DescriptionUnder minimal supervision, to develop custom, proprietary applications used by both internal and external customers to meet business and usability requirements as well as enhance existing programs, respond to errors and emergency problems in the production system and document the application. To work within the design specifications to meet programming goals and deadlines in an accurate manner.
• Implement software code and configuration changes according to design specifications using best practices, and following coding standards
• Implement software code changes with a view to using secure coding practices, and optimising code for efficiency and performance.
• Taking part in Code Reviews (providing feedback to peers, implementing fixes based on received feedback)
• Document applications and ongoing enhancements.
• Perform application analysis, debugging, and testing
• Reverse engineer existing systems, where necessary, to identify areas for improvement and implement relevant changes.
• Troubleshoot issues, identify root causes and implement the optimal solution.
• Resolve bugs and errors in the production system, analyze reasons for failure and revise procedures and documentation as needed.
• Support other team members, including sharing relevant knowledge and experience.
• Supporting internal users on HireRight’s bespoke systems
• Provide mentoring/coaching to less experienced team members
• Contribute to overall system strategy and architecture
• Take part in demonstrating new system changes to the business, and providing support where necessary to facilitate training activities for new system changes
• Take part in working with colleagues in other areas of the business to provide technical insight and support for company projects and initiatives, where necessary
• Take part in meetings with external Vendors, Clients, and other organisations when necessary to provide technical guidance and support in relation to projects or support issues
• Take part in out-of-hours activities where necessary to perform technical maintenance and support activities, and release processes
• Take part in an on-call rota, where necessary, to provide support for the business and customers
• Other duties as may be specified from time to time by the Manager
Requirements• University degree in computer science or related field or, equivalent industry experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this position,
• Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office
• [Desirable] Knowledge of Data Protection concepts and best-practices (UK Data Protection Act, GDPR)
• Software Development Lifecycle, Agile practices
• Object-oriented Programing concepts and implementation best-practices
• Secure Coding concepts and best-practices
• Test-Driven Development (NUnit, MSTest, SpecFlow)
• Software Development with Microsoft .NET 4.0 or higher (C#, ASP.NET WebForms, ASP.NET MVC (Razor), WCF, WebAPI)
• Web Services (RESTful APIs, SOAP)
• Multi-tier distributed architecture concepts and design, SOA
• Data exchange formats and data mapping (XML, XSD, XSLT, JSON)
• ORM technologies (NHibernate, Entity Framework)
• Microsoft SQL Server development (T-SQL, stored procedures, views, query performance optimisation)
• [Desirable] Knowledge of cloud technologies and concepts (cloud-native design, PaaS)
• [Desirable] Knowledge of Java development/technologies, and ORACLE database technologies
• [Desirable] Experience in taking a lead role in software development project work (coordinating with colleagues to progress and achieve desired project goals)
Company offers• Benefit Allowance
• Visual Compensation
• Dental Compensation
• Massage Compensation